The retail company, which belongs to the Fenaco-group, supplies more than 1200 stores in total from 3 distribution centers via the Volg Konsumwaren AG. 650 thereof are Volg stores, 460 are free retailers and 90 are Topshop petrol station shops. Up to 5000 products from the sections food, perishables as well as home and personal care are available to the customers in every store.
In order to continue in meeting this challenge, Volg decided to unify its systems with SAP retail and the implementation partner retailsolutions.
The key retailing processes from procurement to logistics as well as sales and accounting were expected to be optimized and displayed on HANA via SAP Retail and S/4 Finance. To achieve this, the previous fewas merchandise management system, XpertLine for accounting as well as two built-in systems for the accounting of the current accounts of the stores and one promotion solution needed to be replaced.
After a project duration of only 24 months this goal was achieved: on the 1st of July 2017 Volg went live with a big bang in “time & budget”. “Hand in hand with retailsolutions we successfully implemented SAP Retail and Simple Finance; our supply and service capability was given 100% at any time”, says Stefan Näf, managing director of logistics, informatics, services of the Volg-group.
All legacy systems were replaced, the different divisions unified and the new system integrated. In addition, retailsolutions complemented the SAP standard functions by customer specific in-house developments in the area of procurement and sales on the basis of SAP Retail. The technical link to third-party systems was also completed smoothly. Ferdinand Hirsig, Chief Executive Officer, was also were happy about the implementation of the new IT-solution: „ I am happy & proud to work with such a great team – thanks a lot!”
HigHighlights of the solutions implemented at Volg:
Procurement with all SAP standard functions, plus
- Perishables planning (In-house development retailsolutions)
- Pricing (In-house development retailsolutions)
- Promotion management (In-house development retailsolutions)
Sales with all SAP standard functions, plus
- Central Sales Cockpit (CSC, In-house development retailsolutions)
- Linkage to TCPOS point of sale (700 stores) or none / other (500 stores)
- Linkage to Store Online (MDE ordering devices in 1200 stores)
- Linkage to VOLIS (sales information system)
- Further linkages to FSPRO (shop fitting) and OfCourse (course management)
Logistics with the SAP standard functions, plus
- Linking of the warehouse management system LOGIS
- Linking of the transport logistics system (PRACAR)
Accounting with S/4 Finance